OpenEye offers positions that challenge, shape, and reward its employees, both professionally and personally. Our corporate culture and way of life is indicative of how we do business: perfect every time. Our corporate headquarters is based out of beautiful Liberty Lake, just minutes from both Spokane, Washington and Coeur d' Alene, Idaho . Please review our current listings for available positions. Feel free to send us your resume as our company is continuing to grow and constantly looking for enthusiastic professionals.
Located in Eastern Washington, near the Idaho border and about 20 minutes from downtown Spokane, Liberty Lake is a family and business friendly community. Over 6,500 people call Liberty Lake home. Liberty Lake is a dynamic, active city with numerous bike and walking trails, beautifully planned landscaping and parks, and moderate weather with four distinct seasons. The Liberty Lake community has encouraged and supported leading edge technology and a progressive business environment, which ensures a diverse, prosperous, and financially secure community.
OpenEye, a provider of professional surveillance products, is hiring a customer-focused, detail-oriented Technical Support Representative. Our high definition systems make monitoring homes or businesses simple and effective. The selected candidate would be responsible for providing first level problem resolution for all incoming service calls and emails of the company. Determines customer requirements, answers inquiries, resolves issues or problems, fulfills software and hardware requests and maintains database information. Performs all phases of troubleshooting including; research, and resolution of technical problems for CCTV (and related) products over the phone. Responsible for supporting products in a timely and orderly manner while assisting other teammates and trainees with questions concerning phone procedures and other various questions. Responsible for assisting with all aspects of RMAs. Supports and adheres to the OpenEye Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Collects and records customer information
- Provides technical assistance to customers on all of the company’s standard CCTV (and related) products.
- Determines requirements by working with customers via telephone or email.
- Creates and processes RMAs and performs call backs for delinquent systems and parts.
- Participates in training activities to maintain technical currency and provide a high degree of service to meet customer service goals.
- Sells additional products and services during pre-sales calls and explains new features.
- Creates new ways of doing old tasks to promote a competitive work culture.
- Acts as a liaison for any Customer Service Agents who need general assistance and training.
- Provides remote assistance when necessary.
- Maintains operational equipment by following established procedures and reporting malfunctions.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Formal Education, Certification/Licensure, and Prior Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree,
- a minimum of 2-5 years related experience in customer service, troubleshooting and repairing DVR and CCTV equipment and/or equivalent experience and education, and
- Knowledge of the company’s procedures and documentation requirements.
We understand that our employees are our greatest asset and strive to create a positive work environment through company sponsored benefits such as gym memberships, community service projects, and retreats to surrounding locations in the great Northwest.
Qualified applicants can apply online at: http://redandassociates.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2exzbbzjnfx