Through OpenEye Web Services, Users are never assigned permissions directly to their account. Instead, all OWS permissions are assigned to User Groups, to which a User can be added. Users in a User Group will have access to all permissions enabled in the User Group settings.
Adding Users and User Groups consists of the following steps:
Adding New Users
- Users can be added from Management > User Management > Users.
- Click Add User.
- Enter a First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- Use the Add User to Group dropdown menu to assign the new user to a User Group.
- Click Add New User after the required fields are entered.
NOTE: Export from the Users page will download a CSV file containing all the details on the Users page, including the names of each User Group to which a user is added.
Adding Users to a User Group
- Click Edit to add a User to a group under Settings.
- Click Add User to User Group.
- Select the groups for the User account from the pop-up menu.
- Click Select.
- The added groups will appear under User Group Name.
Add User Groups
User Groups are classifications which grant Users permissions to access various aspects of the account. The Administrator, Super User, and User default groups cannot be edited, and it will be necessary to create a new User Group to customize permissions. To view and make changes to a User Group (other than a default one), click Edit next to the desired User Group, or Create a New User Group.
- User Groups can be created from Management > User Management > User Groups.
- Click Add New User Group.
- Enter a Name and Description for the new User Group.
- Click Create.
- Click Edit to add Users once a new group has been created.
- Click Add User and select Users from the pop-up menu.
- Click Select to add the User to the User Group.