Sales EngineerArizona Last Updated: September 29th, 2023
OpenEye, an innovator in the design and development of cloud-centric software solutions for commercial video management is looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing team. This position is a key member of the OpenEye sales organization and is one of the customer’s primary technical contacts for product details and specifics, system design, training, project deployment and installation evaluations. A sales engineer specializes in understanding the technologically aspect of products, and uses their technical skills to explain specifications, technical requirements, functionality, and benefits of OpenEye's products and services to customers in easily understandable terms. Unspecified duties of a sales engineer often overlap into both sales and technical support (for example, a sales engineer may be asked to provide a product quote to a customer, take customers to dinner, go to the field to troubleshoot a project, or assist in troubleshooting afterhours). Supports and adheres to the OpenEye Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
- Prepare and deliver general sales and project specific presentations; sometimes in conjunction with a sales person, sometimes solo.
- Assess equipment needs on projects with existing equipment and on new projects, along with customer needs; then determine system requirements and deliver recommendations
- Develop, present, and record training courses for both corporate and field trainings, as well as online distribution, for internal and external customers.
- Provide “voice of customer” to product management, engineering, and development.
- Prepare cost estimates and site configurations using blueprints, plans, and related customer documents and consulting with other professional and technical personnel.
- Drive improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or software applications in the customer’s environment.
- Gain customer acceptance by developing potential cost reductions, revenue enhancement and operational improvements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Identify short and long term strategies to address changes in the marketplace and technologies. Investigate customer and product issues and recommend solutions.
- Work with marketing to create technical content for advertising campaigns and the website.
- Approve tradeshow equipment configuration; and in some instances attend tradeshows to assist with setup, teardown, and working the booth.
- Create and maintain pre-sales engineering documentation and factory pre-configuration documentation.
- Support project installations remotely or on site.
- Provide post visit summary with action items to management; and enter appropriate information in CRM.
- Communicate troubleshooting discoveries to support department.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 5 years engineering / Technical Support experience, preferably in a technology discipline.
- 3 years “Business to Business” support experience
- Ability to travel 50-75% including overnight and including some weekends and occasionally on short notice
- Proficient with Microsoft Office core products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); and thorough understanding of networking
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- CRM software experience
- Network+ certifications (or similar)
- Background knowledge in information technology and networking, IP video compression technologies, security surveillance technologies and access control and analog and IP camera knowledge
WHO WE ARE:
OpenEye has been building video security and loss prevention tools since 1999. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting facilities such as schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and airports all over the world. We’re driven by a passion to make the world a safer place! We are located in beautiful Liberty Lake Washington just between Coeur D’Alene Idaho and Spokane Washington. Learn more about us here www.openeye.net/about-us
WHY OPENEYE IS THE RIGHT CHOICE!
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture
- Casual Dress (jeans are welcome!)
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities!
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Family Friendly (flexible schedules)
- Work from Home Days
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.