Java Software Engineer IILiberty Lake, WA Last Updated: September 29th, 2023
Who We AreOpenEye, the cloud video platform company, provides solutions for video security, business intelligence and loss prevention. For over 20 years, OpenEye has been committed to developing an easy-to-use, comprehensive video management system backed by Heroic Customer Service® and support. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and other facilities around the world. OpenEye’s solutions are available globally through a trusted network of certified service providers. OpenEye is a subsidiary of Alarm.com. Learn more at www.openeye.net.
As a Software Engineer II, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of OWS (OpenEye Web Services) using a combination of technical proficiencies, organizational aptitude and interpersonal skills, as well as learning and progressing with the evolving technology.
In this role, you will join a creative team using the latest and greatest in bleeding edge technology within the Cloud Video and Security space.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops software including feature additions, modifications, bug fixes and unit tests. Works with Team Leader or Product Owner as issues arise.
- Reviews development requests and makes educated decisions about the most efficient way to proceed.
- Interfaces with various departments to acquire information needed to successfully deliver software that meets customer needs.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to help solve support issues they are facing using the software.
- Assists other developers (primarily Software Engineers) as needed when they have questions about processes, coding practices, algorithms, etc.
- Effectively communicates tasks and ideas to fellow developers, management, various departments, and customers.
- Analyzes input requirements from various sources and determine the best way to meet each requirement.
- Reviews software code written by others to determine if the code meets company, departmental and team standards.
The Tech Stack
- Java, Spring, React, Git, IntelliJ
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Experience in Java, C#, or similar programming language
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and development practices
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- The pay range for this opportunity is $90,000 - $125,000 annually. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
- Employees are eligible to purchase company stock at a discounted rate
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where idea sharing is encouraged
- Casual dress (Jeans are welcome!)
- Medical, dental, vision & prescription benefits starting day 1! Generous medical plan subsidy and health savings account option with company contribution helps keep your costs low.
- Up to $5,000 annual company match for 401k
- Company paid short-term/long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation accrued per year (increases after year 3)
- 7 Paid Sick/Wellness days per year
- 9 Paid Holidays per year
- This position is eligible for a flexible hybrid work schedule
- Educational Assistance Program covering non-degree support, undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Employee Equipment Program – Free Alarm.com system for your home!
OpenEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.