Technical Product ManagerLiberty Lake, WA Last Updated: May 25th, 2023
Technical Product Manager
OpenEye is expanding our product team and looking for a hard-working Technical Product Manager with experience building great software products. You will work closely with smart and motivated people across a broad spectrum of technologies to develop outstanding products that help businesses improve safety and increase business intelligence.
At OpenEye, the product team is involved in almost every facet of our business. From engineering to marketing to business development to QA to support, you’ll have a chance to sit at the nexus of all of it. Our team is small and flexible, so you’ll get to work on a wide variety of projects, ranging from figuring out how to supercharge customer participation to designing grid-scale energy management applications to launching web services for partner integrations.
- Own and contribute to the entire product development lifecycle: writing specs, wireframing, working with engineering, and making sure the product gets out the door on time
- Assisting with go-to market strategy and launches for new products – facilitating product release with engineering, operations, sales, support, educating internal and external stakeholders and developing/delivering product presentations
- Gather market feedback, work with users, and ensure that we’re building the right products to meet our customers’ needs
- Run qualitative and quantitative product research to determine what customers actually want from our products and services
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams to prioritize our roadmap and build consensus around a product vision
- Generate ideas and champion new product features and enhancements
- Be the product expert to internal teams and external partners
- 2+ years of software product management experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and launch awesome products
- Be a proven self-starter, who is motivated and has a track record of delivering results
- Strong design and usability sense; you should also be able to step into the user's shoes and be their advocate
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time-management skills
- Willingness to assist in variety of product related tasks (logistical, testing, pilots, troubleshooting, planning)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- A quantitative and analytical aptitude and a desire to make data-driven decisions
- Computer skills, including in-depth experience leveraging project management software; familiarity with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence or similar project management tools
Nice to have:
- Experience with enterprise SaaS products
- Experience working in the IP video recording, monitoring, business intelligence, security, home automation, or IoT space
- Familiarity with modern software engineering tools and frameworks
- The pay range for this opportunity is $55,000 - $75,000. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus
- Employees are eligible to purchase company stock at a discounted rate
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where idea sharing is encouraged
- Casual dress (Jeans are welcome!)
- Medical, dental, vision & prescription benefits starting day 1! Generous medical plan subsidy and health savings account option with company contribution helps keep your costs low.
- Up to $5,000 annual company match for 401k
- Company paid short-term/long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation accrued per year (increases after year 3)
- Paid Sick/Wellness time is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 35 hours worked, except where local laws are more generous
- 9 Paid Holidays per year
- Educational Assistance Program covering non-degree support, undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Employee Equipment Program – Free Alarm.com system for your home!
OpenEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.