Lead Software Engineer (C++ / Java)Liberty Lake, WA Last Updated: March 16th, 2023
Lead Software Engineer
Who We Are
OpenEye, the cloud video platform company, provides solutions for video security, business intelligence and loss prevention. For over 20 years, OpenEye has been committed to developing an easy-to-use, comprehensive video management system backed by Heroic Customer Service® and support. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and other facilities around the world. OpenEye’s solutions are available globally through a trusted network of certified service providers. OpenEye is a subsidiary of Alarm.com. Learn more at www.openeye.net.
OpenEye is seeking an Lead Software Engineer to join our growing team. If you thrive in an innovative, collaborative, and casual atmosphere, apply today!
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Apex Server application using a combination of technical proficiencies, organizational aptitude and interpersonal skills, as well as learning and progressing with the evolving technology.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develops software including feature additions, modifications, bug fixes and unit tests. Works with Team Leader or Product Owner as issues arise.
- Reviews development requests and makes educated decisions about the most efficient way to proceed.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to acquire information needed to successfully deliver software that meets customer needs.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to help solve support issues they are facing using the software.
- Assists other developers (primarily Software Engineers and Software Engineer IIs) as needed when they have questions about processes, coding practices, algorithms, etc.
- Effectively communicates tasks and ideas to fellow developers, management, various departments and customers.
- Analyzes input requirements from various sources and determines the best way to meet each requirement.
- Reviews software code written by others to determine if the code meets company, departmental and team standards.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training
- Expertise in the Java and C++ development languages, a solid understanding of development practices including the .NET framework, TCP/IP network protocols, and a basic understanding of video codecs.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- The pay range for this opportunity is $125,000 - $165,000 annually. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
- Employees are eligible to purchase company stock at a discounted rate
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where idea sharing is encouraged
- Casual dress (Jeans are welcome!)
- Medical, dental, vision & prescription benefits starting day 1! Generous medical plan subsidy and health savings account option with company contribution helps keep your costs low.
- Up to $5,000 annual company match for 401k
- Company paid short-term/long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation accrued per year (increases after year 3)
- 7 Paid Sick/Wellness days per year
- 9 Paid Holidays per year
- This position is eligible for a flexible hybrid work schedule
- Educational Assistance Program covering non-degree support, undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Employee Equipment Program – Free Alarm.com system for your home!
***We are open to remote candidates if you are not in the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene Area.
OpenEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.