Senior SDETLiberty Lake, WA Last Updated: September 15th, 2022
OpenEye, the cloud video platform company, is seeking a Senior SDET to join our growing team. If you thrive in an innovative, collaborative, and casual atmosphere, apply today!
This position is responsible for verifying fixes, validating and documenting completion of testing and development, designing, implementing and debugging test cases and scripts using a combination of technical proficiencies, organizational aptitude and interpersonal skills, as well as learning and progressing with the evolving technology.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Generating detailed bug reports
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Reviews software code written by others to determine if the code meets company, departmental and team standards.
- Effectively communicates tasks and ideas to fellow developers, management, various departments and customers.
- Analyzes input requirements from various sources and determine the best way to meet each requirement.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
- Assists other developers (primarily SDET I’s and SDET II’s) as needed when they have questions about processes, coding practices, algorithms, etc.
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Experience with build/packing tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- New, state-of-the-art building with arcade games and a golf simulator
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where freethinking and idea sharing is encouraged
- Casual dress (Jeans are welcome!)
- Flexible Schedule with 6 remote days/month
- Competitive salary + bonus opportunities!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with great company matching
Who We Are
At OpenEye, the cloud video platform company, we are passionate about making the world safer. Our products are protecting schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and other facilities around the world. Established in 1999, we are located in beautiful Liberty Lake, Washington, between Spokane and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. OpenEye is a subsidiary of Alarm.com. Learn more at www.openeye.net/about-us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected class.