Software Engineer (C++/Java)Liberty Lake, WA Last Updated: September 16th, 2022
Software Engineer II – Apex Server
OpenEye, the cloud video platform company, is seeking a Software Engineer II to join our growing Apex team. If you thrive in an innovative, collaborative, and casual atmosphere, apply today!
As a Software Engineer II, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Apex Server application using a combination of technical proficiencies, organizational aptitude and interpersonal skills, as well as learning and progressing with the evolving technology.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops software including feature additions, modifications, bug fixes and unit tests. Works with Team Leader or Product Owner as issues arise.
- Reviews development requests and makes educated decisions about the most efficient way to proceed.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to acquire information needed to successfully deliver software that meets customer needs.
- Interfaces with various departments and customers to help solve support issues they are facing using the software.
- Assists other developers (primarily Software Engineers) as needed when they have questions about processes, coding practices, algorithms, etc.
- Effectively communicates tasks and ideas to fellow developers, management, various departments and customers.
- Analyzes input requirements from various sources and determine the best way to meet each requirement.
- Reviews software code written by others to determine if the code meets company, departmental and team standards.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 0-5 years related experience and/or training
- Expertise in the Java and C++ development languages along with a solid understanding of development practices
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- New, state-of-the-art building with Arcade Games and Golf Simulator
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where freethinking and idea sharing is encouraged
- Flexible Hybrid Schedule with remote work days.
- Casual dress (Jeans are welcome!)
- Competitive salary + bonus opportunities!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with great company matching
Who We Are
At OpenEye, the cloud video platform company, we are passionate about making the world safer. Our products are protecting schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and other facilities around the world. Established in 1999, we are located in beautiful Liberty Lake, Washington, between Spokane and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. OpenEye is a subsidiary of Alarm.com. Learn more at www.openeye.net/about-us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected class.