Senior Software QA SpecialistLiberty Lake, WA Last Updated: December 5th, 2022
OpenEye, The Cloud Video Platform, is a leading provider of cloud-managed solutions for video security, business intelligence, and loss prevention. OpenEye Web Services streamlines operations and reduces the burden on IT, making it easier to manage and maintain video deployments and integrations of all sizes.
Our open cloud platform combines and analyzes event data from video, alarm systems, access control, sales transactions and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. We transform events into actionable insights that enhance security and increase business profitability. OpenEye’s professional recording hardware and cloud-managed solutions are available globally through a trusted network of certified service providers.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting software developers in testing software and hardware products as well as verify customer use scenarios and requirements. Supports and adheres to the OpenEye Code of Ethics and Business Standards. At OpenEye, our Software QA Specialist position will work out of our Liberty Lake, WA headquarters. This is not a remote role.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Conducts Agile QA for bugs and stories completed by the development team
- Interfaces with support and product management to diagnose and report customer issues
- Participates in Agile sprint planning and execution
- Creates and executes test plans based on software acceptance criteria
- Works with members of a project team to identify and qualify customer use cases/environments
- Manages testing of major feature development including coordination with junior testers
- Evaluates software and firmware applications for feature deviations from existing test plans
- Recommends updates, fixes and improvements to existing test plans as needed to ensure accuracy
- Configures and monitors long term and integration tests
- Assists and mentors other Software QA Specialist I’s and II’s
- Works with QA management to ensure SQA best practices are upheld in day-to-day operations
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Formal Education, Certification/Licensure, and Prior Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- A minimum of 5-year related experience and/or training
- Familiarity with web applications and web terminology
Working Knowledge of:
- Basic computer hardware to include monitor, keyboard, mouse, and printer
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting
- Windows, Linux & mobile operating systems
- Computer hardware component & networking terminology
- Internet and web applications
OpenEye offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
OpenEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.