Technical Support RepresentativeLiberty Lake, WA Last Updated: September 16th, 2022
OpenEye, a manufacturer of security products, is looking for a Technical Support Representative to provide phone and email support to our customers for a variety of our video security products. As a Technical Support Representative, you will be responsible for supporting all products OpenEye offers as well as secondary software and products necessary for use. Supported products include Digital Video Recorders, Security Cameras, Network Switches and Routers along with the software associated with them. In the role of Technical Support Representative, you will analyze and resolve customer hardware, software, and network problems in a timely and accurate manner. With a career at OpenEye, you will learn new technologies and have the opportunity to grow within the organization.
This position sits in our Liberty Lake, WA headquarters. This is not a remote position.
Role and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot network communications including router issues, WAN link outage, and switch problems
- Troubleshoot software/hardware, user processes and mechanical operation
- Support customers over the phone, email, and/or remote automation interfaces
- Demonstrate OpenEye’s core value of Heroic Customer Service by providing friendly and professional service
- Assist the department with creating knowledge base articles to increase customer self-support
- Learn new technologies and take on more responsibilities as the organization grows
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience in customer service, troubleshooting and repairing DVR and CCTV equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be a problem-solver who is flexible and responsible
- Must be able to work in a team-based collaborative environment
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Knowledge of basic inter-networking operations and protocols, with a demonstrated ability to assist with networking projects.
- Knowledge of Security Industry (Cameras, DVR’s, Sensors, Relays, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical wiring, proper grounding, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Rapid growth company with lots of career and development opportunities
- New, state-of-the-art building
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where freethinking and idea sharing is encouraged
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with great company matching