Java Software EngineerLiberty Lake, WA Last Updated: July 14th, 2022
Do you want to make the world a safer place? Do you thrive in building Java applications that you can show off? Do you want to work in a collaborative, fun, and creative culture, where ideas are explored, and jeans are encouraged? Do you want to learn from some of the best and brightest developers in the business?
If so, then come join us at OpenEye, headquartered in beautiful Liberty Lake, Washington.
OpenEye, a subsidiary of Alarm.com, has been building video security and loss prevention tools since 1999. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting facilities such as schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and airports all over the world. We’re driven by a passion to make the world a safer place! In this role, you will join a creative team using the latest and greatest technology within the Cloud Video and Security space.
- Design, build and maintain the front end and back end for OpenEye’s video recorder application
- Manage projects on your own and help mentor junior developers.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to understand requirements and build great software.
- Collaborate with other team members on general architecture and timelines
- Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc)
The Tech Stack:
- Java, Spring, React, Git, IntelliJ
- 1-5 years of professional Software Development experience, ideally in Object Oriented programming like Java or C#
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Brand new, state of the art office with a golf simulator opened this year!
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture where freethinking and idea sharing is encouraged.
- Casual Dress (jeans are welcome!)
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities!
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurance + 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Family Friendly (flexible schedules)
- Hybrid schedule with work from Home Days (6 per month)
WHO WE ARE
OpenEye has been building video security and loss prevention tools since 1999. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting facilities such as schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and airports all over the world. We’re driven by a passion to make the world a safer place! We are located in beautiful Liberty Lake Washington just between Coeur D’Alene Idaho and Spokane Washington. Learn more about us here www.openeye.net/about-us
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.