SDET - Software Development Engineer in TestLiberty Lake, WA Last Updated: July 14th, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for verifying fixes, validating and documenting completion of testing and development, designing, implementing and debugging test cases and scripts using a combination of technical proficiencies, organizational aptitude and interpersonal skills, as well as learning and progressing with the evolving technology. Supports and adheres to the OpenEye Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Generating detailed bug reports
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Formal Education, Certification/Licensure, and Prior Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Experience with build/packing tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and practices
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Brand new, state of the art office opened in 2021!
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture where freethinking and idea sharing is encouraged.
- Casual Dress (jeans are welcome!)
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities!
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurance + 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Family Friendly (flexible schedules)
- Work from Home Days
WHO WE ARE
OpenEye has been building video security and loss prevention tools since 1999. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting facilities such as schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and airports all over the world. We’re driven by a passion to make the world a safer place! We are located in beautiful Liberty Lake Washington just between Coeur D’Alene Idaho and Spokane Washington. Learn more about us here www.openeye.net/about-us
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.