Why Does My Recorder Shut Down After I Upgrade My Software?
FAQ ID #6
This is most likely caused by selecting the wrong model (mainly 60pps and 120pps models) during installation. Please follow these directions to uninstall the software, delete the capture card drivers and reinstall the software.
Follow the steps below:
- Restart the DVR and hold down the left shift key. Keep holding the left shift key until the Windows user login window appears. When the login screen appears, the username should be DVRAdmin.
- Let go of the left shift key and type in the password dvr4321. Before clicking OK or pressing enter, hold the left shift key. Keep holding the left shift key until you see the Windows desktop and the hour glass goes away.
- At this point it is safe to release the left shift key.
- Uninstall the Server Software. Do this by selecting Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs.
- When finished uninstalling, double left click My Computer.
- Browse to C:/WINNT/System32/Drivers and delete the following files (some files may not be there, this is normal): NET 1104.SYS, NET1016.SYS, NET1016W.SYS, NETSA.SYS, NETSV.SYS, NETSA16.SYS, WINDRVR.SYS.
- When finished close the current window.
- Install the Server Software and choose correct model.
If the problem persists after reinstalling the software, please contact technical support.